Claims Process

Claim Preparation After a Loss

DISCLAIMER: The information, and techniques herein are opinions only and is not to be taken as legal advice. If legal or other expert advice is required by the reader, the services of a competent attorney, accountant, insurance agent, or other professional should be sought.

Notify Your Agent

Notify your Insurance agent or insurance company of the loss. If the loss appears to be small or you are not sure whether the damages are covered, call anyway, your insurance agent will be able to determine if your damages are covered with your insurance plan. In smaller claims, usually $2,000 or less, the insurance agent may be authorized to settle the claim. Anything over that amount will always be handled by an insurance adjuster.

Emergency Repairs

It may be necessary to have someone do immediate repairs such as water removal or an emergency board-up of the structure. If so, speed, efficiency, and proper care is essential in limiting any further loss. Emergency work can usually be billed directly to the insurance company. If you wish to pay for services directly your insurance company can immediately have a check drawn up and paid to you based on the estimates.

We will fill out and sign the emergency work form and see that you also receive a copy.

Keep your insurance expenses separate from your own personal expenses.

Review Your Policy

The most Homeowners Insurance policies provide coverage for five major areas:

  • Structure
  • Personal Property
  • Loss of Use
  • Liability
  • Incidental Coverages

A quick review of your policy will help identify the types of coverage and the amounts insured for. Your agent can assist in answering any questions you might have regarding the extent of your coverage or what is necessary when filing your claim.

To submit paperwork, including signed authorizations and work orders, please email, mail, or drop off at:

The Farrow Group
3788 Lee Road
Cleveland OH, 44128
PHONE: (216) 561-2355
FAX: (216) 267-0121

24 Hour Emergency Response Services

Our team provides 24-hour emergency response to secure your property. This includes securing and boarding up broken windows and doors, repairing heating and water systems, and assisting with temporary housing (if needed). We take all the necessary measures to assist you before, during, and after the restoration and construction process is complete.




24 Hours



24 Hours

Associations & Affiliations